Radiation protection and safe handling of radiation
Protection against ionising and non-ionising radiation and safe handling of radiation sources are both crucial and statutory.
The European guidelines for radiation protection require that certain rules are adhered to for tasks involving the exposure of humans and the environment to radiation and determines basic safety rules for protection against dangers arising from ionising radiation. They apply to employees, the general public and patients.
On a national basis, the requirements are implemented by the German X-ray Ordinance (RöV) and Radiation Protection Ordinance (StrlSchV).
The Occupational Health and Safety Regulation on Artificial Optical Radiation (OStrV) aims at protecting employees from the dangers arising from optical radiation of artificial sources at their workplaces.
We provide the following services in radiation protection:
For non-ionising radiation in medical and technical applications
- Laser and radiation safety testing and risk assessment
- Evaluation of risk arising from radiation
- Classification of lasers and LED
- Photometry and colour rendering
- Lamp characteristics
- Energy efficiency classification
- Life-cycle tests
- Standard conformity tests according to EN 60825-1 and IEC TR 60825-9
- Certification of products with radiation sources
For ionising radiation in medical and technical applications
- Test and trial of x-ray and stray radiation equipment according to § 6 RöV
- Determination of radiation exposition
- Consultations on legal requirements
- Organisation of radiation protection measures
- Planning of constructional radiation protection
- Determination of reduction parameters
- Scanning of components
- X-ray fluorescence analyses with portable RFA device
- Safety-related tests
- Determination of ozone values